Sunday, January 31, 2021

Time Strategies

 Technique 1: The Psychology of Checklists

    I use checklists ALL THE TIME. So, when reading about the psychology behind checklists, there was a lot that I already knew (such as setting S.M.A.R.T.) goals, but I was intrigued to learn about the dopamine release gotten from crossing something off a list. Although it does not surprise me, I had never really thought about the physiological reason why I love crossing things off of my to-do list!


(To-Do List. Source: Wikimedia)


Technique 2: 11 Ways Unsuccessful People Mismanage Their Time

    I was particularly intrigued by this article because I have read a lot of "X habits of successful people" type books, so I was interested in what the reversal of this idea would bring. As it turns out, it was generally the same stuff. Unsurprising, but the website pretty much just said that unsuccessful people don't do all of the things that successful people do. 

    One of the techniques mentioned was that of scheduling. While I do some scheduling, I don't do it to the extent that is generally recommended. It is one of my goals this semester to schedule my time more. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 14 Lab: Advice to Writers

 Advice to Writers      One of the reasons that I was initially drawn to this class was that I wanted to get more into writing. Now that I h...