Sunday, February 7, 2021

Feedback Thoughts

 Article #1: Make Good Art

    I have always liked Neil Gaiman as an author, so seeing this article, I had to click. Gaiman did not disappoint. I had never seen this speech before, but really liked what it had to say. There is no way to control what slings and arrows we are given by life, but we can control our response. Either we can become beaten down or we can "make good art." As my grandfather would say: "Its only a mistake if you don't learn from it."

(Trying Again. Source: Feedback Cats)


Article #2: Why It's So Hard to Hear Negative Feedback

    Classical Voice is a major in which it is important to both be able to give and receive negative feedback. While I always try to be cognizant of how I give critical feedback, I had never really thought about the fact that a big part of why it is so hard to receive negative feedback is that we are so bad at giving it. Honestly, now that i have read it, it makes total sense. I will definitely take care to think even more about my feedback presentation in the future!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 14 Lab: Advice to Writers

 Advice to Writers      One of the reasons that I was initially drawn to this class was that I wanted to get more into writing. Now that I h...