Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Week 8 Reading and Writing

Looking Back: Overall, I think the assignments are going well! I have been really enjoying working on improving my writing, and have noticed the greatest improvement in including dialogue. For some reason, I just wasn't including it in my earlier stories, and I think that they have gotten better since then! 

Definitely my favorite reading so far has been the Mahabharata. Although I have read it and watched it in the past, I guess I'm just consistent in my enjoyment of the epic! 

As I am in the process of writing my stories, I generally don't look back at the reading notes. I tend not to include specific stuff in there, so I use the process of writing the reading notes much more as a springboard for creating story ideas. 


Looking Forward: One of the most prominent things that I have noticed in terms of new strategies for research has been that this class has changed how I read books. I am an avid reader, and always try to make time each day to read at least a couple of pages. Recently, I have been reading my books more critically- looking at what storytelling tactics are used that I like or even just looking at the formatting of the story and using that to make my own writing better. I really want to keep doing this, not just because I think it is good practice in generally to read critically, but also because I really think it has changed (I think for the better) how I write stories!

(While I really like this image, it is the story that went with it that made me choose it. I think it is one of the more prominent displays of my changing and developing writing style. Source: Wikimedia)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 14 Lab: Advice to Writers

 Advice to Writers      One of the reasons that I was initially drawn to this class was that I wanted to get more into writing. Now that I h...