Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Week 8 Comments and Feedback

1. Feedback in

I think that the quality of the comments that I have been getting so far have been really great! While it's always nice to get complimentary feedback, I find that the feedback that I find to be most useful is the constructive criticism. I like knowing what others see in my stories as room for improvement that I might not see myself. 

 

2. Feedback out


I try to always include that which I hope for in the comments of my own stories- constructive criticism with an emphasis on the "how". I try never to give a piece of advice unless I can also write out the way I would go about implementing that advice. I have really enjoyed reading other people's writing- it was what inspired me initially to incorporate more dialogue into my own stories, and after reading my first bit of micro fiction just recently, I am inspired to do the same!


3. Blog comments


I don't necessarily know that I am getting to know people, as I am still having the randomizer assign me people I have not seen before. I am starting to get to the place, however, in which I am seeing familiar names more frequently, so I think my sense of familiarity with my classmates and their writing styles will grow as the class continues. I am happy with my intro- I think it's a pretty adequate portrayal of the things I am interested in and like to do! 

 

4. Looking forward


I think I will want to continue modifying the look of both my blog and website as I become more adept at using the software. I will continue to try to leave implement-able advice in my comments and minimize the "fluff" that surrounds this feedback. 


(I chose this image simply because I would very much like to get to a point where I feel like I have internalize this advice myself.... Source: Growth Mindset)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 14 Lab: Advice to Writers

 Advice to Writers      One of the reasons that I was initially drawn to this class was that I wanted to get more into writing. Now that I h...